If you want to be a part of the life and community of New Life, you are welcome here right away, you do not need to go through any process, the invitation is open. Continue to be a part of our community and we invite you into friendship and life with us.
For those who want something more, to be a member of New Life is to make a commitment to live according to the Scriptures and to support the work of the congregation. Membership in a church is not like membership in a social club or other organizations. Most organization members are consumers; the organization exists to serve them. The church is a completely different community – membership means ministry and service, going from being a consumer to becoming a provider of God’s love and care to others. At New Life, we take seriously that we are a church not for ourselves, but for others.
A member who enters into a commitment with their local church is called to a higher degree of responsibility; conversely pastors and leaders are committed to assist their members first and formeost, to provide counsel, service, and aid, as well as to pray, teach, and guide as necessary. We ask that you pray about this decision, and always feel free to ask any questions that you may still have!
Leadership Covenant (Our Commitment to You)
With the help of the Holy Spirit, the church leaders commit to the following:
- We commit ourselves to lovingly care for you and seek your growth in Christ. (Hebrews 13:17; 1 Thessalonians 5:12)
- We commit to help you become equipped to serve Christ. (Ephesians 4:11-13)
- We commit to provide teaching, preaching and counsel from the Scriptures. (Galatians 6:6; I Timothy 5:17-18, Acts 20:27-28)
- We commit to helping you in times of need. (Acts 2:42-47, 4:32-35, James 2:14-17)
- We commit that your pastors and leaders will meet the criteria assigned to them in the Scriptures. (1 Timothy 3:1-13 & 5:17-22, Titus 1:5-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4)
- We commit to pray for you regularly, particularly when you are sick. (James 5:14)
- We commit to set an example and join you in fulfilling the duties of church members. (1 Corinthians 11:1, Philippians 3:17, 1 Timothy 4:12)
Why Commit to Membership?
1. A Biblical reason: Christ is committed to the church.
“…Christ loved the church, and he gave his life for it.” Ephesians 5:25
2. A cultural reason: It is an antidote to our society.
We live in an age where very few want to be committed to anything… a job… a marriage… our country. This attitude has even produced a generation of “church shoppers & hoppers.” Membership swims against the current of America’s “consumer religion.” It is a unselfish decision. Commitment always builds character.
3. A practical reason: It defines who can be counted on.
Every team must have a roster. Every school must have an enrollment. Every business has a payroll. Every army has an enlistment. Even our country takes a census and requires voter registration. Membership identifies our spiritual family.
4. A personal reason: It produces spiritual growth for both you and others.
Please contact us if you are interested in attending our next Membership Invitation gathering.